Leicester LGBT Centre
Leicester LGBT Centre recognises that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people face many forms of discrimination and prejudice which can affect the opportunities to be involved, included and valued in society as equals. The Centre exists to provide safe, accessible and professional services, venue and support to combat social isolation, exclusion and discrimination that LGBT people face by promoting a positive environment that empowers those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender and educate those who are not.
We provide information in a range of formats on a wide variety of subjects that affect LGBT people’s lives including signposting and referrals to other agencies.
The Centre provides a number of services:
- Advice, guidance and support on LGBT issues
- Counselling – 15+ counsellors dealing with issues affecting the LGBT communities one to one, family and couple
- Training, consultancy and advocacy
- Room hire in the City Centre
- Resource library on LGBT topics
- Anti-hate Crime campaign city and countywide
- Space for LGBT Support and Social Groups
- Transgender Project for Young People (ages 0-18)
- LGBT History Museum for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- First Out youth group (ages 13-18) and Misfits young LGBT group (ages 18-30)
- Tea with Dorothy – supporting older (ages 50+) LGBT people
Leicester LGBT Centre is a member of Reaching People. Renewed 2018