Equality Action Ltd
Equality Action Ltd (formerly HREC) activities include:
- Encouragement of equality and diversity, and involving local people in our work is paramount to us.
- Acting as a focal point and source of expertise on matters of equality and diversity for individuals, groups, communities and organisations; drawing upon the experience and knowledge of our staff, trustees, volunteers and partners. This includes active contribution to civic life through various policy and partnership groups, project development and delivery, specialist local knowledge, casework and co-ordination of events to improve community cohesion.
- Providing advice and information on welfare benefits, housing, debt, money management, adult social care, PAYE, tax credits and immigration to people from BME and hard to reach communities. We are able to help people who face barriers such as language, lack of IT skills, and lack of confidence to help access services and address issues facing their families.
- Running projects that support our aims and contribute to Charnwood Borough Council’s (CBC) community needs criteria – e.g. a current Big Lottery Funded project working with South Asian Women, encouraging/engaging with women’s groups and individual women to build their knowledge, confidence and skills to play a fuller role in society
- Delivering annual training events funded by the British Council (Erasmus Plus) engaging with approx. 25 young people on issues of equality and human rights.
We have secured another 5 year Big Lottery Funded project working with men from South Asian background to deliver outcomes around improving health & wellbeing and addressing other issues facing them, incl. employment needs and building community resilience around extremism and radicalisation.
We are a strategic partner of CBC and past strategic grants have enabled us to expand our services through significant projects that contribute to Charnwood Borough Council’s community needs criteria and society’s social values.
Equality Action Ltd is a member of Reaching People. Renewed 2018