Action Deafness AD is a deaf-led charitable company where 75% governance, 60% management and 75% front-line staff are all deaf and/or hard of hearing.
AD provides range of high quality and value for money services to over 6,000 Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, Deafened and Deafblind people throughout Leicester/shire, East Midlands and the UK.
Our contracted divisional business solutions services & projects include:
- Communications (British Sign Language (BSL), lip-speaking & remote captioning interpreting service)
- Red Dot Connect (video online Sign Language interpreting service)
- Community (community & personal care support & charitable activities in Leicester/shire and the Midlands)
- YOUchoose (consortium partner in community & personal care support services in the UK)
- Knowledge (BSL & deaf awareness training packages/courses)
- Tech (technology & referral equipment service)
- Access (work-based audit & assessment service)
Action Deafness is a Full member of Reaching People. Renewed 2017