Leicestershire County Council has established a £1m fund to support the local voluntary and community sector, during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Supporting communities has never been more important – and we want to enable charities to continue and step up vital work.
Charities, constituted voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises can apply for a maximum of £25,000 for support with the following activities:
- SUPPORT FOR CORE RUNNING COSTS – for organisations who have
experienced a loss of income due to services closing or operating at a reduced level and where this may lead to the permanent closure of the organisation
- EXTRA STAFFING – capacity required to meet existing/current
or increased demand for services, to support vulnerable people during the crisis
- ADAPTING SERVICES – the need to rapidly adapt current service
delivery models to maintain contact with service users
- EQUIPMENT – funding for essential ICT, safety (such as PPE)
or other essential equipment
- TRANSPORT – funding for use of vehicles, transport, fuel etc.
to enable visits to service users
- EXPENSES – funding for increased expenses costs such as
reimbursing travel costs for staff/volunteers who need to visit service users, if it safe to do so, in their home or in other locations.
- OTHER – anything else deemed acceptable in relation to the
criteria for the Fund
You can apply for a grant online click here to visit , on the Leicestershire Communities website.
Please complete the online application form to tell them how much funding you are requesting and what the funding will be used for.
PLEASE NOTE THE FUNDING CAN ONLY BE OFFERED TO VOLUNTARY AND COMMUNITY SECTOR ORGANISATIONS TO HELP THEM TO SUPPORT VULNERABLE PEOPLE IN LEICESTERSHIRE, DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF THE CURRENT CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC.
THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT YOU CAN APPLY FOR IS £25,000.
If you have any queries regarding the Leicestershire Communities Fund, please email: LEICESTERSHIRECOMMUNITIES@LEICS.GOV.UK