Leicester BBO/ESF Project Partner Procurement Opportunity
Read Further Updates on the project
Financial and digital inclusion and employability support (Universal Credit focus)
Please see text below and attachments for more details:
The Moneywise Plus project is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. Led by Reaching People, the project is delivered through 6 member/partner organisations each with their own strengths, areas of expertise and reach into the community.
The project operates in Leicester and Leicestershire and provides free 1-2-1, holistic support tailored to the individual’s needs with the aim of increasing the clients financial and digital, skills and confidence to enable them to move towards employment, education or training.
Universal Credit, as well as related, wider financial, debt and benefit issues, is a significant concern for the clients we support. We are therefore seeking to procure the services of an additional partner with expertise in this area.
Contract timescales: 1 July 2020 – 30 June 2022
Total contract value: £64,500. This is the maximum budget based on one full time staff member and includes 15% for management and office costs as per the funders’ restrictions.
Required outputs: A minimum of:
- 70 participants to be signed up to the project by March 2022.
- 8 clients move into education and training on completion of the support.
- 16 clients move into job search on completion of the support.
- 3 ‘soft outcomes’ achieved by each participant, from the following (these are subject to review): generate individual savings; manage personal finance; pay bills online; increased access to internet; use the internet differently; increased use of the internet; attend appointments with advisers; become volunteers for the project and attend group work or taster courses.
Selection criteria and process:
Written applications will be shortlisted against the selection criteria. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to make a presentation to a selection panel. The selection criteria is:
- Experience and expertise in providing quality, welfare benefits support and advice.
- The ability to work holistically and develop digital, employability and financial skills and confidence in clients.
- Experience of working in partnership and the delivery of target focused projects ideally, ESF funded.
- The necessary organisational capacity, viability and financial standing to deliver.
- The ability to meet robust financial, administrative, quality and audit requirements.
- Effective networks within Leicester and/or Leicestershire.
- Added value to the Moneywise Plus project and partnership.
Application process: Interested organisations are invited to submit an application, which must include:
- A summary (no more than 4 sides of A4), of how you meet the above criteria.
- A completed ‘organisation information and compliance form’ which can be found at: https://www.reachingpeople.co.uk/reaching/wp-content/uploads/MW-Partner-procurement-org-info-200320.doc .The information provided will form part of our shortlisting process.
Applications should be to Sangeeta Patel, Project Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th April 2020 at 5.00pm. Please note that it is not possible at this time, to allow applications by post due to the closure of the office for the foreseeable future, in response to government guidance.
Shortlisted organisations will be invited to present their application on 20 April 2020 by video conferencing.
Any clarifications or updates about this procurement will be posted on the Reaching People website at https://www.reachingpeople.co.uk/reaching/wp-content/uploads/Procurement-Updates-230320.pdf