When the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and other Covid-19 related protections for households eventually come to an end, there is expected to be a significant rise in financial difficulties and debt problems, especially amongst already vulnerable people and people with long term health conditions.
To help address this Citizens Advice Leicestershire is seeking additional generalist Advice Session Workers.
To undertake this role you will preferably need:
- At least six months recent experience of providing Generalist Advice to the public including casework in welfare rights, housing and debt.
- Proven ability to interview clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills to get to the root of issues and empower clients in a non-judgmental way.
- An understanding of the financial challenges facing citizens, especially as a result of COVID.
- Ability to work closely with and develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across organisations and sectors, including health and voluntary and community sector.
- An ability to work under pressure and achieve set targets.
- Ability to commit to and work within the aims and principles of Citizens Advice Leicestershire.
Hours: 37 per week.
Location: Leicester City Branch (Temporarily remote).
Application deadline: 5pm, 30th July 2021.
For more information and how to apply, please click here.