6XDMedia have created A Guide to Global Internet Energy Usage, which features the latest facts and figures around our online consumption and the internet’s ever-growing carbon footprint. The guide aims to raise awareness so people can make more energy-conscious consumer choices.
6XDMedia’s guide covers:
- The rapid growth of internet users worldwide and the countries with the highest number of people online as of 2020 (China and India dominate the top two spots)
- An immense amount of energy is needed to power social media sites, online streaming, cryptocurrency, and cloud computing services.
- A detailed look at the carbon footprint that our online habits and consumption produce.
Key facts and highlights from 6XDMedia’s research show that:
- Watching 30 minutes of your favourite Netflix show is equivalent to driving 4 miles!
- One email releases 4 grams of CO2 into the atmosphere (up to 50 grams if it includes a large attachment).
- Each tweet on Twitter emits 0.02 grams of CO2 into the atmosphere.
- An online Google search emits 0.2 grams of CO2.
Please click here to read the guide: https://www.energyhelpline.com/help/a-guide-to-global-internet-energy-usage